General Job Descriptions (by certification) and Fellow Responsibilities
*Prospective fellows may be asked to review and sign an organization-specific job description at time of hiring.
UW Premera RNHI ARNP Fellow Responsibilities
Fellows should demonstrate the following attitudes and actions:
- An interest in caring for diverse and underserved rural populations
- An open mind to experiencing new learning opportunities
- An understanding of common medical conditions that are specific to these patient groups
- An understanding of the barriers to healthcare access in rural communities
- Promotion of multidisciplinary approach to improve health
- Arrive on-time and be prepared for the clinical day
- Confirm best communication with preceptors, i.e., cell phone, email, etc.
- Communicate with preceptors and fellowship director if schedule adjustments need to be made
- Be aware of and communicate clinical deficiencies and needs to program directors, preceptors and grant faculty.
- Be proactive to seek out experiences that address specific deficiencies in clinical skills, practice management, and leadership
- Participate in safe, effective and compassionate patient care under supervision commensurate with the level of fellows’ advancement and responsibility
- Complete charting and send to preceptor for sign-off before end of day
- Be responsible for required evaluations as outlined in the evaluation schedule