Job Description for PMHNP Rural Fellows
POSITION TITLE: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Fellow
REPORTS TO: Fellowship Program Director
JOB PURPOSE: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Fellows will provide comprehensive psychiatry care services to patients across the lifespan with the additional training and support of the fellowship program, to reach the goal of successfully transitioning to confident and competent independent practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide comprehensive psychiatric care services for all ages in a CCBHC setting with the additional supervision and support of the fellowship program faculty and staff.
· Conducts and completes Initial Psychiatric Evaluations including diagnostic formulation, clinical risk assessment, and treatment recommendations.
· See patients from another provider’s schedule during Mentored Clinic.
· See patients from one’s own schedule with the support of a preceptor during Continuity Clinic.
· Participate in Specialty Rotations to the degree appropriate for the setting. Participate in educational programs, sustainability sessions, didactics, meetings, and trainings as required.
· Complete an Independent Project to improve the health of our patients or healthcare system. Maintain good attendance, is punctual and works full scheduled shift is a condition of employment.
· Maintains familiarity with and handles client information in accordance with Federal Regulations (42 CFR, Part 2), the Revised Code of Washington (RCW 71.05.390 and RCW 71.24), and other applicable laws pertaining to confidentiality of client and staff information.
· Maintains physical security of confidential materials and assigned Agency property.
· Routinely participates in the Performance Improvement process to address and resolve issues impacting quality.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintains professional licensures and credentials.
· Participates actively in professional organizations in order to further education, professional growth and networking.
· Provide care consistent with evidence-based medicine.
· Coordinates with consumers’ Pharmacies, Caregivers, Case Managers, and Therapists for continuity of care. Works in a collegial manner with all clinical staff and departmental supervisors.
· Complete accurate and timely documentation in patient electronic care record.
· Provide patients and family members with counseling and education regarding health maintenance, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and need for follow up as appropriate during each patient visit.
· Attend staff meetings, in-service meetings and participate in agency committees as required.
· Abides by the Policies and Procedures of the Agency.
· Provides, on average, a minimum of 50% productivity per week.
· Enters client records in electronic health record within 24 hours of contact 95% of the time.
· Attends a minimum of 90% of required meetings, staffing, trainings, and educational opportunities as scheduled.
· Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSE(S), CERTIFICATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Advanced Nursing Degree from an accredited school. Continuing Education Credits as required, to maintain Licensure.
Licensure: Current license as a Registered Nurse and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner with Prescriptive Authority in Washington State. DEA Certification for Scheduled II-V Drugs. Eligible for credentialing with various insurance panels.
Experience: At least one year registered nurse experience. New Nurse Practitioner graduates expected to fill this position.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
• Must be able to provide vaccination records for COVID, HepB, MMR, Tdap and recent flu shot.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL CREDENTIALS / EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Must be able to demonstrate the age specific knowledge and skills necessary to provide care across the lifespan..
· Must demonstrate knowledge of key principles of growth and development of the life span, possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s needs relative to his/her age in accordance with fellowship sites’ policies and procedures.
· Must be able to demonstrate effective leadership skills and promote a team-oriented environment.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
· Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25lbs.)
· Occasional standing/walking.
· Occasionally lifts supplies and equipment.
· Required Protective Equipment: maintain Standard Precautions and uses barriers (glove, masks, aprons, goggles) appropriately in all potential exposures to body fluids.
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
· Effective team building techniques
· May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
· Occasionally exposed to patients exhibiting assaultive behaviors
· Frequent pressure due to schedule demands
· Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances
· Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
· Handles emergency or crisis situations
· Working collaboratively with other fellowship site employees and multiple community referral sources.
· Managing chronic, often complex clinical problems.
· Maintaining a caseload efficiently.
· Ensuring compliance with a variety of regulations from multiple funding sources.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Job requirements may be subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.